Our Past Is Our Foundation. You Are the Future. ¶
At NCCU, we have a tradition of helping individuals of all backgrounds advance their careers — and you could be next. Our family-like community will be with you every step of the way, with faculty, staff, and advisors who truly care about your personal and professional success.
Tuition and Fees
At NCCU Online, you can get a high-quality education at just $350 per credit hour for in-state students and $420 per credit hour for out-of-state students with no additional fees. Depending on your transfer credits, you can finish your degree with as few as:
RN to BSN: 30 credit hours * BS in IT: 78 credit hours * Bachelor of Business Administration: 78 credit hours *
*Does not include any general education course requirements — 120 credit hours total are needed to graduate
Feel like you’re ready to take the next step towards advancing your career at NCCU Online? Here are financial aid options that may be available to you:
NCCU offers several scholarship options. You may also apply for external scholarship opportunities. Information is available on our scholarships page.
Federal Pell Grants are awarded to students based on the expected family contribution (EFC) and enrollment status.
The State of North Carolina provides financial aid grant assistance to resident students. Priority is established by the FAFSA application completion date. Funds are limited, so please file the FAFSA as early as possible.
- UNC Need-Based Scholarship.
- The North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship (ELS) provides financial assistance to North Carolina resident students in need.
Institutional Need-Based Grants
NCCU invests in institutional grants to support undergraduate students from the university’s own funds. These awards are based on financial need and offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The university offers the following institutional grants:
- NCCU Grant and NCCU Eagle Grant: These institutional grants are awarded to NC undergraduate students. Priority is given to Pell Grant recipients.
Loan Options for Undergraduate Students
- Federal Direct Subsidized Stafford Loans: A guaranteed student loan for undergraduates who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and who have demonstrated financial need as determined by federal regulations. The federal government provides limits on the amount of Direct Subsidized loans that a student may be eligible to receive in each academic year and in total. Limits vary based on the student’s year in school and financial need.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans: A guaranteed student loan for U.S. citizens or permanent residents who do not demonstrate financial need under federal regulations. Direct Unsubsidized loans may also be available to undergraduates who have reached the borrowing limit for Direct Subsidized loans.
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan: Loan for the parents of dependent undergraduate students. A credit check will be performed and will exclude anyone with an adverse credit history. Direct PLUS loan amounts are limited to the cost of attendance minus any other financial assistance received.
If you’re a student seeking need-based financial assistance, your first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You should submit your FAFSA as early as possible, and no later than October 1 for the next academic year. The Federal School Code for North Carolina Central University is 002950.
Want to learn more about NCCU Online?
Fill out the form below, and an admissions representative will reach out to you via email or phone with more information. After you’ve completed the form, you’ll automatically be redirected to learn more about NCCU Online and your chosen program.
or call +1 (984) 646-0798
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature that North Carolina Central University may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at the telephone number provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend North Carolina Central University or to purchase any other goods or services.
Thank you for requesting information. One of our Admissions Advisors will be contacting you.
Thank you for requesting information.
One of our Admissions Advisors will be contacting you. If you're ready to apply, you can start your application here: https://www.nccu.edu/apply-now